Charlie's Birthday & More

Friday, July 24, 2009

This past weekend we went to New Braunfels (yes again) to celebrate Charlie's birthday. I'm dating an old man now... he's officially the BIG 3-0!!...lol We had a great time. We are fortunate to have a great friend (Trina) who has a place for us to stay when we go out there not to mention she is one of the best cooks! Let me just tell ya'll the menu she had for us when we went out there... Friday night we had pork-pull sandwiches. The meat was so tender! The flavor it had was insane and the sides, well thats a whole other story. Then Saturday night she cooked steak & shrimp! OMG...that too was FINGER-LICKING GOOD!!! I know you think I'm exaggerating cause she's my friend but trust me when I say her cooking is insane! Carlos alone ate 5 steaks! The steaks were so soft, it didnt seem as though you were eating a steak. No trouble cutting it, you didnt have to use a knife! Omg, just yummy! We're all on a mission to give Trina a ring so she can come live with us and cook every night!! Lucky for Miranda she lives downstairs from her and gets hotmeals almost every night!...lol Anyhow, we had a great time and can't thank Trina enough! Can't wait for next year!

In other news, my mom is in Lebanon for a month! Although sometimes my mom and I have our differences, I miss her. She's only been gone for 6 days but it's pretty lonely without her. So I've been bombarding Carlos with my presense for the last few days :)! I'm sure he's ready for me to go but I hate staying alone ...ok, ok I'm scared to be home alone...lol I've lived on my own before but for the last 4 years I've lived with my mom and I guess you can say "I"m not longer useto staying alone"..lol I'll be ok, just sucks!.....

Yesterday I had interview with CAAG. It was a bit unexpected. A friend of mine called me over the weekend and told me about an opening as an "interpreter coordinator" I really didnt think much of it since I was out of town and really had not access to a computer.Anyhow, so I finally decided to email them on yesterday and sent my resume. I got an instant call back and he said that yesterday was the cut off and if I could come in for an interview. Of course I said yes, I think I did well! They will make their cuts next week and will pick 3. Then final 3 will go in for an interview(individualy of course) with a panal of 8 people and then they'll make their final decision. Please pray that I am one of the FINAL 3 picked and most importantly the person they want for the job! Wish me luck!!!!










Photobucket

1 comments:

Leslie said...

It sounds like ya'll had an awesome time! And best of luck on the new opportunities that have come your way...YOU deserve it!