Packet Pickup

Sunday, January 25, 2009

I did it! I picked up my packet for my first 5k. Now most people would think, " Whats the big deal? Its only 3.1 miles?" but for me, its a big deal. These small runs will hopefully prepare me for a half-marathon/marathon (one day) Or at least that's my goal. When I opened my packet and saw my number, my heart started to beat fast. I started to get nervous and wondered if I was really ready for this. I thought "maybe you should have signed up for the 2mile walk instead of the run" but why walk when I can run? Oh and did I mention, my race # is 740. Here is what I thought was neat about my #. The #7 is the day of my anniversary and 4 is the day of my dad's birthday. So I'll be running with 2 lucky numbers. Lets hope they really bring me luck..lol

Although I have been sick for the last 4 days and haven't been able to run, I'm hoping I'll still be able to do well. Hopefully Monday will be my first day back to my "regular scheduled program"..lol Or better yet, I have to get back to my regular scheduled program (if I want to do well.) I hate being sick, it sucks! I still have this nasty cough and the sniffles but I'm ready. Did I mention while picking up my packet I also picked me up a new pair of running shoes. I didn't know there was so much to getting running shoes. Oh and I also didn't know that there was a certain way to tie your shoes either.(it's called a runners tie) Anyhow, I got a new pair of running shoes that I will be trying out this upcoming week. I'm hoping these new shoes will help my knee ache! (since I hear worn out tennis shoes can have an impact on aching knees)

So this is it, January 31st is the big day! Please wish me luck and I'll post pics soon :)

0 comments: