Preston's Yard Services

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A friend of mine at work said that a flyer was put on all resident's door in her son's subdivision. (a predominately Hispanic Community)I read it and I wasn't sure what to think of it. When I started to read the flyer, I was impressed with the teenager because he was not out selling drugs, breaking into houses or stealing. He was actually trying to create a business and understand the value of a dollar. As I continued to read I was shocked! I had to re-read the sentence.Then I took a bit of offense because of what it said.... Read the flyer below and tell me your opinion? Is this what the kids of today have come to? Or are parents teaching this to their kids? Or are parents not teaching anything period. Its obvious this kid had help writing this ad, so was it not revised before passing it out? Was this done on purpose since the subdivision is majority Hispanic?





Here it is..read below!





Preston's Yard Services

Hi, I'm Preston Pope, a 14-year-old trying to earn some money and get ahead, so I can buy a car and things I will need for college. I have been mowing lawns for 2 years and have gained experience and a reputation for doing a very high quality job at a low cost. If you don't have time to cut your grass and you don't want to pay some illegal immigrant to do it for you, just give me a call. I work on weekends during the school year, and pretty much every day that I need to during the summer.



I offer the following services:

-Mowing (bagged/mulched
-Weed-whacking
-Sweeping/Bagging
-Weed-Pulling
-Flower Beds
-Planting
-Any yard service you need that is not listed here
-I can also spray mildew off of your siding at a low rate

Call or Text: 832-496-7481
Free Estimate For Your Yard (Mowing, Weed-Whacking, Edging, and Sweeping): $20



What can you do? Ignore ignorance is all I can think of?

0 comments: