Am I getting old?

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I consider myself an 80's baby. I grew up on the Jackson family, Stevie B, The Cover Girls, LL Cool J...etc. Then as time passed I started to get into "hip hop". That era I want to call "real hip hop" this is when Whodini, Run DMC, Rob Base, Too Short & more were the real meaning of hip hop. Years went by and rap got a bit more modern.Along the way,rappers like 2Pac, Snoop Dog, Ice Cube, Dr.Dre; were introduced. These rappers produced great songs and some of their hits are classics! Even these new bucks try to imitate them!


The music of today is just garbage. I will admit some of these songs are catchy and I'll catch myself singing a tune or two but why does everyone want to sound like a "computer" voice? There is only one person that has produced an entire album w/a computer voice and that is Zap & Roger. One of the greatest albums but again... HE IS A CLASSIC!

I have never heard so many songs invented that have a dance to go along with it. From "stanky leg" to "superman" I'm not really sure if I don't get this music because I'm getting older or is it that this generation's music really sucks!!!

Anyhow, this morning while I was driving into work, I heard a new song. Yes, another song that has a dance to it, so I thought I'd share this wonderful video!! I'll have to admit, these new artist are smart, they have made catchy songs for teenagers and they are loving it!


Check out this video and tell me what you think? The title of the song is "Your a Jerk"!! Am I just old or does this music suck?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv9VKKXwVxU

1 comments:

SidRoc35 said...

NO!!! this MUSIC SUCKS!! some of it is catchy but that OVER DONE 80's COMPUTER voice is KILLING ME!! I HATE that EVERY one is using it NO ONE!!! is ORIGINAL! anymore...and the CLOTHES! I hate the SAGG’IN PANTS off the ass. FINE!! I know I can’t sport that look because am CHUBBY! but come on! and the SKINNY JEANS!! 80’s THROW’BACKS are killing me.....SOMEONE!! please push a NEW TREND!

UR’AJERK!