A Mix of Things

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Update on interview story:
So the next morning I get a phone call and guess who it was? Yep, you guessed it, "Tom"! I didn't pick up, I let his azz go to voicemail. He leaves this wanna-be professional voicemail, and it goes a little something like this... " Marisol, I'm sorry we didn't get an opportunity to meet. (and I'm thinking whatever idiot) I was called to attend an unexpected substitute teacher meeting and had to leave. I apologize for not leaving any paper work for you. I was told you spoke to "Pete" and he said that you are motivated to become part of our team.(I'm thinking?? How the hell did I sound motivated? I said I'd keep in touch!!!) I hope to hear from you soon. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience. "

Well my earliest convenience has yet to arrive and actually I'm not going to call. So Aldine, how about you suck it! Ok ok, so its not the district I should be upset at but rather the unprofessional "Tom" they have working there! Oh well....

Now, here is a question I have for you all? I was actually asked this question by a deaf person.

Why do hearing people love music so much?
I was stuck for a minute when she asked me this question because I LOVE music and how could I get someone to understand why I, MYSELF , love music so much. To a deaf person, they don't get the "big deal" about an AWESOME song on the radio or why we enjoy listening to music so much. My first comment was ... the sounds of the instruments are what makes a song in addition to great lyrics. She still didn't understand what the big deal was or why that was so cool?? I told her that we feel the beat or sometimes we can relate to a song yet her reply was " I feel the vibration of a song and it doesn't make me go crazy for it" With that said, we really didn't get too far. So if you were me....how would you have explained why hearing people love music???

Leave your comment

1 comments:

Amy said...

Hahahhaha! You are sooooooo good at spotting these hilarious things!