A list of things

Monday, May 11, 2009

I FINALLY graduated!!! I'm not really sure if I should really announce that considering I'm 27 and just now graduating with an AA degree. Oh well, some of us are on a 10yr plan and I just happen to be one on that ride. Graduation was May 4th but I decided I didn't want to walk for several reasons. Mainly because its an AA degree from HCC and then the absence of my father just doesn't make it as fun. However, I'll be sure to walk when I get my BA degree. Now that's a celebration!! So what's next? Ok so I have a degree in interpreting now the BIG challenge... I have to take the state exam in order to become certified. The exam is 2 parts.... First part is a standard written test that tests your English skills. Don't they know... " MY ENGLESH IS NOT SO GUD LOOKING"...lol We'll see how that goes. Now the 2nd part is a performance test and what that means is I will have to watch a video and voice what the person is signing. Then I will have to listen to a video and sign the the conversation. Passing or failing for that section will depend on my gestures, facial expression and appropriate signing space. If that's not nerve wrecking , I don't know what is! I should have already taken the test but I have been holding off and now that I have time I will be studying hard!!! So everyone wish me luck on my test and on my journey in finding a new job!!!

I have 4 days till my trip to Playa Del Carmen!! I'm so super excited. Not to mention this will be Charlie and I's first BIG trip together. (hopefully many more) I can't wait. Now everyone knows what this means, right? I will have my camera ready for all those "what da" pics out there. If you all remember, it was cause of Playa that my blog started. Stay tuned for new pics. Oh did I mention that thanks to Swine Flu there were lots of reservations cancelled so they upgraded us to a 5 star hotel! Wooohooo.... THANK YOU SWINE FLU (but God please don't let me come back contaminated..lol)

When I return, I will have 2 days to rest and then our ANNUAL trip to the river will be that Friday!!! I can't wait for that either. I guess you can say I will be looking like a SISTA pretty soon! Better yet, just call me Marquisha! (given to me by Amy..aka Ambiquia)

So there you have it... a quick update of all my new events and more to share when I return!

Oh and a quick note: My friend Leslie is running her first marathon in May. If you get a chance please check out this link http://makingcancerhistory.com/PatientStories/BillCrews.html#8

She's doing this all for a good cause. If you or anyone you know can help by donating please visit her page and make a donation here. Even if it's just 10 bux. It will make a difference. Thanks
http://pages.teamintraining.org/txg/rnr09/lrodrigitf

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Thank you Marisol! Congrats on all your hard work. A degree is a DEGREE and no matter a AA or a BA it was work. Hang in there and good luck on your tests. Love, Les