Labor Day

Friday, September 11, 2009

Don't you just enjoy 4 day weekends? I know I look forward to them and of course all fun that comes with it. The fab four (Trina, Aldo, Charlie and I) went to the river for the last time this summer only to be disappointed by the very very very water! Literally you could count the amount of people floating. There wasn't the usual long line of people trying to get into their camp site. So we decided to not to float and head out to Canyon Lake only to discover that too was dry!! However we did make the best of it and had a ball either way!! We managed to still swim a bit.

Interview Update: Well, the interview went fine. (I guess) He would like to have me shadow him for a while until I get the hang of things. For now I will be working with him on Tues & Thurs until I can get the hang of the job. He said he didn't want to just throw me out there. I guess this is good and bad. I was ready to leave Ikon but at the same time I'll get to test the waters and see if this is something I'd want to do.

On a better note. I finally had a meeting with DARS to get my business started. I am hoping to start my own job placement agency for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing. I have turned in all paper work and now waiting on my background check so that I can get started. Please keep me in your prayers so that my "soon to be" business will kick off.
I'm also working on finding hearing aid companies who are willing to donate hearing aids to foreign countries and free audiology test. Most children are left behind in the education system due to lack of hearing aids(because in foreign countries they aren't free like in the US) or deaf education. Unfortunately, a lot of children are put to work because they are considered "deaf and dumb" After so many years you would think that "label" would fade but it still exist. I know I can't change the world but I want to do whatever little I can to help. So if I can have some helping hands I will take all the help I can get. :)

P.S.
Leslie this means u. You can offer counseling for these children in foreign countries who experience trauma but can't afford to talk to someone...great way to give back! :)

So that's the update for the week. I'm so glad its Friday. Tomorrow is my little cousin's 3rd birthday and can't wait to celebrate with her :)

Till I blog again... have a great weekend!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Well Marisol I must say CONGRATS! I have been trying to stay atop of all my things but am barely surviving. I will be free again soon and the idea of counseling underprivildged children is awesome! And you starting your own business WOW to the 10th power! Well keep in touch, even if it mean through my hubby. Take care and chat with ya later!