What's been going on....

Friday, October 2, 2009

I get on a "blog" roll and then I start to slack and right now I think I'm in my slacking mode so because my boss is out of the office I"m going to take this opportunity to blog a bit about what's been going on.


I finally applied to take my BEI Test to become a certified interpreter. My test is November 30th. Although the failing rate is 80%, I'm gonna give it a shot and do my best. I just hope I don't become part of that 80% failing rate. Unfortunately, if I fail I will have to wait 6 months before I can test again and pay another $75 dollars!!... So hello? I"m gonna get my study on!

Two of my friends are pregnant.. Amy is now pregnant and guess what she's having???? A BOY! We sort of knew it but we were hoping for a girl. (only so we could craft some awesome things for her) Now Amiga on the other hand (aka Linda) is having a girl and is due almost any day now!...lol She's about 2 notches from popping and I think she's super ready to meet her new baby. I'm also excited to meet Priscilla too! Can't wait till both of these girls have their baby!!!


Last weekend we celebrated James' birthday (Ranya's bf) and we had a blast. Dinner was at this spot in Richmond, Tx name Larry's and then we hit Loggia in Sugarland. Its a really cool spot, the atmosphere is great and the music is awesome. They have huge beer tubes that are so worth drinking out of...Just ask James :)

I'm still waiting for my background check to clear so that DARS can start sending us clients and our business can get rolling. So that's still on hold. Then I got some sad news that a good friend of mine will be going back to Venezuela on the 20th so that's a BUMMER! I hate to see her go but now I'll have to go visit her in Venezuela. Te miro el año que entra chamita!!!

Last but not least, we are leaving tomorrow to celebrate my 28TH birthday in New Orleans! It should be lots of fun. It's not that big of a group this time but it's a great group of people going so that's all that mattes. I want to thank my family for having dinner and cupcakes yesterday and all the great gifts I got. Thanks for always acknowledging my day! :) Love ya'll!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Sending you wishes for a successful test!!!

Wish I could be there in NOLA to celebrate with you! 28?! Wowzas!! Whatever it takes, no matter what, Im THERE at your 30th! We need to have a major Fiesta for that one or maybe Vegas.

Miss u!
Love,
Lupita Arroyo Vaughn